I’m going to keep this review short and sweet because there’s not too much to say about this album. Not that that’s a bad thing. It’s a natural progression/evolution from their previous album ‘Clouded’, more instrumental parts and backing vocals added. The production on ‘Low Tides’ is absolutely incredible – it was done by two producers Aaron Marsh and Jason Suwito.
‘Low Tides’ essentially sounds exactly like an ambient version of Go Radio’s album ‘Close the Distance’. It’s musically well made with beautiful vocal melodies and the lyrics are just as personal and evocative as ‘Clouded’. The stand out track for me is the second track on the album, Pull Me Out, which has a catchier hook than the other songs.
It’s a solid if unspectacular album – perfect chill out music – and if you liked ‘Clouded’ then you will certainly love this. Worth checking out if you’re a fan of Go Radio or like melodic music.
Low Tides is released via Epitaph today, September 9th.
You can catch This Wild Life in the UK this November:
- Nov 10th – London, St Pancras Old Church
- Nov 11th – London, Boston Music Room
- Nov 12th – Southampton, The Joiners
- Nov 13th – Bristol, The Exchange
- Nov 15th – Birmingham, Asylum (UK)
- Nov 16th – Glasgow, King Tuts
- Nov 17th – Newcastle, Think Tank
- Nov 18th – Manchester, Sound Control
- Nov 19th – Leeds, The Key Club
Written by Paddy Mckeever