Canadian four piece Sumo Cyco are known for creating completely DIY, self directed and produced videos which are nothing less than mental master pieces. The next two instalments in the Sumo Cyco narrative are no exception.
Matt “MD13″ Drake was behind the camera in almost every scene and Skye “Sever” Sweetnam did all the post work, creating the gun shot effects, as well as shooting the super-slo-mo scenes on her iPhone. The band also custom designed the money used in the video featuring the character “The Ugly” on the notes with the slogan “In US we trust”. The video also features spray painted super-soakers as the gangster guns and home designed porno magazines featuring the bad guys, aka the skull Terrornauts.
Sumo Cyco released their most recent album ‘Lost In Cyco City’ last year via RSK Entertainment. The band are about to hit the road in the UK on a run of dates with Butcher Babies. Full dates below.
Sumo Cyco supporting Butcher Babies
- 11.04.2016 – Nottingham, England @ Rock City Basement
- 12.04.2016 – Milton Keynes, England @ Craufurd Arms
- 13.04.2016 – Bristol, England @ Marble Factory
- 14.04.2016 – Cardiff, Wales @ The Globe
- 15.04.2016 – Swansea, Wales @ The Scene
- 16.04.2016 – Manchester, England @ Rebellion Bar
- 17.04.2016 – Newcastle, England @ Think Tank
- 19.04.2016 – Glasgow, Scotland @ Cathouse
- 20.04.2016 – Chester, England @ Live Rooms
- 21.04.2016 – Reading, England @ Sub 89
- 22.04.2016 – London, England @ Underworld
- 23.04.2016 – Birmingham, England @ O2 Academy 3
- 24.04.2016 – Southampton, England @ Talking Heads